Eden is almost here, top tips to make the most of the festival
Written by author on June 7, 2017
The count down is on!
Eden Festival is opening its gates this Thursday welcoming festival goers from across the UK and beyond. Set in the stunning Raehills Meadows of Dumfries and Galloway this family friendly event has really catered for all. Hosting 12 stages with 300 performers, you can also catch some theatre, comedy, art and more.
We caught up with Adam Curtis, Eden Festival Founder, for his top ten tips for you to get the most out of your Eden experience.
- Grab some popcorn, climb into your vehicle of choice and watch a film in our Vintage Drive in Cinema.
- Looking for love? Take part in Blind Date at the Thunderdome this Saturday at 3.30pm.
- Join Vamous Arts who will be helping you create masterpieces with paint and pencil’s for our very own charity auction.
- A crowd pleaser and one of our favorites, Mr Motivator in all his Lycra glory will be re-energizing you with an uplifting workout on Saturday afternoon at 2pm.
- New to Eden Festival this year is the Mountain Stage, supported by EventScotland (part of VisitScotland’s Events Directorate and in celebration of the Year of History, Heritage and Archaeology.) We have actually built this construction from scratch, which in time will blend into the natural surroundings and this year it will feature the best acts to come out of Scotland.
- The kids can show off their talents too in the Casa Caliente tent for the Open Mic Children’s Talent Stage.
- You can sit back and relax while Gypsy Disco make all the effort with their acrobatic performance in Furry Chillum Stage.
- Celebration Parade, a super charged music finale in the Garden of Eden, Sunday at 7pm. Bring an instrument and/or something to bang.
- Not forgetting the kids’ procession, where they dress up and wave their hand made creations which they produced in the free weekend workshops.
- My biggest tip, just keep your eyes peeled and walk around the site having a peak in every space, make new friends and soak up the music and the atmosphere.
This year’s Eden Festival has been made more accessible by their release of day tickets. You can purchase them on line or on the gate.
Day Tickets – £45 Friday, £45 Saturday only
Saturday & Sunday – £75 and Sunday only £39
Weekend tickets cost £119 for an adult, £95 for a teenager and under 12’s get in free! (Must be accompanied by an adult).