Alive Radio is committed to providing the best possible service, working in an open and accountable way which builds trust and respect of all our stakeholders. Therefore we aim to ensure that:
- making a complaint is as easy as possible
- we treat a complaint as a clear expression of dissatisfaction with our service which calls for an immediate response
- we deal with it promptly, thoroughly, politely and, when appropriate, confidentially
- we respond in the right way – for example, with an explanation, or an apology where we have got things wrong, or information on any action taken etc.
- we learn from complaints, use them to improve our service, and review annually our complaints policy and procedures
In the first instance, if you are unable to resolve the issue informally, you should speak to the Station Manager. If, for whatever reason, you feel unable to speak to the Station Manager you should contact one of the Directors of Alive Community Radio (SCIO) (see here). Feel free to express your concerns and request a meeting.
If as a result of this discussion (step 1), you feel your complaint has not been satisfactorily resolved, you should put your complaint in writing to the Station Manager and again if you feel that for whatever reason you feel unable to deal with the Station Manager you should submit your complaint to one of the Directors, as identified above.
You can expect your complaint to be acknowledged within 7 working days of receipt and a full response with an explanation within 21 days.
If you are still not satisfied with the response you are entitled to formally write to the Chair of Alive Community Radio, requesting that he/she reviews the overall complaint and response. The Chair will review the proposed resolution and make a final decision. At any time, you are entitled to present the issue to Ofcom, the UK communications regulator, to whom Alive Radio is accountable.